By Dr JV Hebbar
- The author of the Book is a renowned physician of 16th century Shri Vaidya Narasimha Soori.
- Book is complete in two parts poorva khanda and uttara khanda
- Total 14 Prakaranas are found in this book and it is complete in almost all the Branches of Ayurveda, including the tantric and mantric ways too, which is not found in any of the Ayurvedic texts.
- The author quotes this book with the reference of more than 30 classical texts of Ayurveda, among which many are not available now a days.
- The texts establishes its uniqueness, in it approaches, utility and presentation.
About the Author
- Author :- Vaidya Narasimha Shastri
- Proclaimed title:- Sarva Vaidya Visharada
- Father:- Vaidya Nanjanatha
- Time period:– 1500-1570 AD
- Residence:– Balachandrapura (town) situated in the bank of Swarna River (Suvarnavati Honnuhole) of Hassan District.
- Family Deity:– Gowrishwara of Elanduru
- Other title of the text:– Narasimha bhatta Samhita
- Translator:– Prof. M. S. Krishnamurthy MD(Ayu), PhD Department of Rasa Shastra and Bhaishajya kalpana, Alvas Ayurvedic Medical College Moodbidri Dakshina Kannada.
- Publishers: Chaukhambha Orientalia Gokul Bhavan, K, 37/109 Gopalmandir Lane Golghar,Maidagin Varanasi-221001(U. P.)
- First Edition : 2014 Price: 750.00 Rupees
Poorva Khanda – It contains 8 Prakarana
Prathama Prakarana (1st Chapter)
- Mangalacharana: Author salute to Lord Dhanvantari, Vishnu, Shiva, Parvati, Ganapati and Shukracharya
- Nadipareeksha – Pulse examination
- Jihwapareeksha – Tongue examination
- Mutrapareeksha – Urine examination
- Chikitsopakrama – Treatment modalities
- Panchakarma – Five purificatory therapies
Dwitiya prakarana (2nd chapter)
Jwara Sannipata Chikitsa This chapter contains detail explanation of Fever and its treatment. Special features of this chapter: Detail description about 13 kinds of Sannipata Jwara and their treatment Read – Giloy Ayurveda Home Remedy For Fever and Anorexia
|4.||Chittavibhrama||Sannipata gajankusha rasa|
Special treatment quoted : Shiva – Parvati puja (worship) in Fever New formulations explained in this chapter:
1. Vishwamurti rasa 2. Sannividhwamsaka rasa
3. Mrittopana rasa 4. Veerabhadra rasa
5. Raja chandeshwara rasa in vata sanni
6. Navanada bhairavi rasa in pitta sanni
7. Saptanada bhairavi rasa in shleshma sanni
8. Kushmanda kaya pana in the context of daha Jwara Preparation method: Kushmanda (Ash gourd) is cut in middle to remove inner pulp. This pulp is mixed with black gram (masha) powder and jaggery and applied over its inner surface. Then it is closed and kept in the moonlight. In the morning, the liquid oozed out is collected and administered to the person suffering with excessive burning sensation and other pittaja symptoms. Read – Charaka – Jwara Chikitsa 3rd Chapter
Takra taila for fever
1 Prasatha (768 ml) of sesame oil is taken and paka is carried for 3 nights in 1 adhaka (3072 ml) of buttermilk by adding 2 nishka (6 gm) each of fine powdered bala, nagara, kushta, laksha, mishi, lohita, liquorice, rock salt, devadaru, 2 kinds of sariva, murva, giloy, sandalwood, sevya, medha, palasha, gandha agaru, raktha megha, thakkola, jathiphala, 2 kinds of chocha, trijataka, granthi, punarnava and musta.
Indication: Santata, sannipata and daha types of fever Diseases related to Pitta dosha Vata disorders Gives strength to the body. It is good for hair and cures especially vishama jwara.
Fever caused due to the bad effects of different Nakshatras and their treatment.
Tritiya prakarana (3rd chapter)
- Raktapitta Chikitsa (treatment for bleeding diseases)
- Shwasa (Dyspnoea) treatment
- Treatment for cough
- Treatment for hiccups
- Kshaya Chikitsa (treatment for tuberculosis or diminution of tissues)
This chapter contain detail explanation of disease and its treatment.
Formulations explained in 3rd chapter:
Vasadi Ghrita Shalmali kusumayoga Pataladi Ghrita Dhatryadi Ghrita
Special treatment quoted in 3rd chapter
Astisrava : It’s a condition where white, red, bluish black coloured, foul smelling vaginal discharge will be there which causes loss of bone tissue and bone marrow resulting in emaciation and pain. According to other Aacharyas it is also called as Somaroga.
- Decoction of Laksha, Amla, Shatavari, Mocha added with sugar.
- Nagakesara rubbed well with buttermilk and taken internally for 3 days
New formulation – Kundali phalasara lehya in cough and dyspnoea
Chaturta prakarana (4th chapter)
Swara saada (hoarseness)
- It is of 6 types. Among them medaja swarasada is incurable.
- In this, specially Nasal instillation (nasya) and Dhooma (therapeutic smoking) is administered.
- Ginger decoction
- Kaakamachi Ghrita
- Maatulunga Lehya.
- Decoction of roots added with honey.
- Paatadi Decoction
- Maatulunga fruit is mixed with Laaja, sugar, honey and long pepper powder and administered.
- Bilvaadi lehya
- In vaataja heart disease milk boiled with Castor root is given.
- Cardiac patient should drink Bala oil or Sukumaara Ghrita.
- Ginger decoction added with powder of asafoetida and rock salt is given.
- Rock salt and Yava kshara are taken along with lukewarm ghee is best in Heart diseases.
Trushna (excess thirst)
- Cold milk of cow, goat, buffallo mixed with sugar and taken along with food.
- Grape juice mixed with sugar also cures pittaja Trushna.
Mada Moorcha Sanyasa
- These 3 diseases are caused by Rajo guna predominance, Moha, Unwholesome diet (ahitha ahara)
- It causes Rasavaha, Raktavaha, Medovaha srotodushti and these are progressive in nature.
- Mada and Murcha gets subsided on their own when dosha vega gets subsided even without any meditation, but Sanyasa never subsides without medicine.
Panchama prakarana (5th chapter)
Udavarta (reverse movement of vata dosha)
- Kankustadi Ghrita
- Haritamanjari oil for enema
- Decoction of nagar, ativisha, vatsaka, asafoetida and chitraka
- Decoction of musta, tejovati seeds, long pepper, pata, indrayava
- Rock salt, kutaja seeds, banyan, katukarohini decotion
- Bilva, mutsa, kutaja, ativisha, panchakola
- Long pepper roots, mutsa, lodra, kutaja, ativisha
- Amoebic dysentery associated with pain, decoction of mutsa, karanja, ativisha, chitraka, bilva, ginger, long pepper roots, kutaja is advised
- Khala Prayoga: Prepared by leaf juice of changeri and hamsapadi added with rock salt, long pepper, pepper cures diarrhoea.
- Medicines useful in Rakta atisara (bloody diarrhoea) can also be used in diarrhoea caused by pitta dosha.
- Ambastadi decoction
- Vyushadi decoction
- Pancha powder
- Dadimadi churna
Bloody diarrhoea (Rakta atisara) Goats milk mixed with sugar and honey taken before food
Ama atisara Decoction of kuberaksha, chitraka, ginger, karanja and musta is administered
- Decoction of ginger, ajamoda, pata, chitraka mula, devadaru is administered. It also pacifies gudha bramsha (rectal prolapse).
- Juice of shigru leaves mixed with sesame oil should be given
- Decotion of bark of karanja, cumin, musta, ginger, barley added with seasame oil.
Gudha bhramsa (rectal prolapse)
- Rectum should be applied with ghee, slightly formented and pushed back.
- Tintrini vatika
- Shunti ghrita
- Decoction prepared out of padmaka bark, tinduka and pomegranate.
Grahani (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Agnimukha churna
- Vyoshadi churna
- Trilavanadi churna
- Dadimastaka churna
- Kapittashtaka churna
Shasti prakarana (6th chapter)
- Decoction of cardamom, long pepper, madhuka, vasaka, ashmbeda is prepared and given along with shilajatu powder.
- Paste of cardamom pounded with juice of banana tuber or coconut water is given.
- Decoction of vasuki shaka taken along with asafoetida pacifies sharkara (crystal urea).
- Turmeric powder with cows milk is best in urinary disorders.
- Vastyamayantaka Ghrita
- Narikela Ghrita
- Explained all 20 types of meha lakshana
- Bark of kimshuka is pasted with butter milk and honey. It is taken by adding shilajatu and aakuli.
- Decoction of giloy and amla mixed with honey.
- Ramabana rasa
- Sitagunjadi gutika
- Decoction prepared by using Indian gooseberry, black gram, kusta and kasha mixed with sugar
- Ripe banana along with Indian gooseberry, sugar and honey
- Jambwadi vatika
- Varundai kwatha
- Decoction of shobanjana root bark added with asafoitida powder and rock salt.
- Shigrumula Ghrita
- In breast abscess – Applying paste of liquorice, sesame, ananta and aloe vera over the breast.
- Decoction of indravalli with ginger oil taken along with food
- Vijaya churna
- Chincha patra taila
- Decoction prepared by castor, nirgundi, chitraka, saindhava taila and castor oil.
Gulma (abdominal tumour)
- Pathya erandadi kashaya
- Hingwadi ghrita
- Drakshadi ghrita
- Amalaki ghrita
- Manduradi ghrita
Shoola (abdominal pain)
- Decoction of bark of kimshuka, ginger, punarnava, garlic and chitramula taken along with rock salt and asafoetida.
- In amaja shoola, emesis done with paste of Acorus calamus and salt followed by langana (Deprivation treatment)
- Decoction of equal parts of dashamoola and rasona, taken along with chitra taila.
Jala koorma treatment
- It is cured by internal administration of unboiled cows milk mixed with castor oil.
- Chitraka, indrayava, pata, katukarohini, ativisha and abhaya together known as shadeerana. It is useful in treating mahavyadhi.
Saptama prakarana (7th chapter)
- 5 types of pandu (anaemia) are explained. Mridbhakshanajanya pandu is difficult to cure as there is worm infestation, skin disease, diarrhoea, itching, burning sensation all over the body.
- Vasa guduchadi kashaya
- Decoction of triphala, trikatu, vidanga, musta boiled in an iron vessel and mixed with honey.
- Long pepper powder is put in butter milk. It is kept in an iron vessel for one month and taken.
- Loha bhasma is saturated in cow’s urine for 7 nights and than it should be powdered and taken with cow milk.
- Mandura vataka.
- Vyushadi ghrita.
- Administering in paste of root of girikarnika, matsyaakshi, karkotaka along with milk.
- Liquorice powder dipped in butter milk and kept in a mud vessel for one night and taken in the morning.
- Drinking cow milk or tender coconut water mixed with shanka bhasma in early morning.
- Decoction of paste of liquorice and Indian gooseberry quickly cures jaundice.
- Administering powder of turmeric, purified gairika and Indian gooseberry along with amrita satva, honey and ghee
- Application of juice of Vitex negundo as collyrium.
- Juice of drona pushpi pounded with gorochana used as collyrium .
Kumba kamala (type of jaundice)
- Drinking cow urine mixed with shilajatu early morning for one month.
- Administering powder of iron, Indian gooseberry, turmeric and trikatu with honey and sugar.
Halimaka (type of jaundice)
- If jaundice worsens then protection is carried by cauterization in the wrist, at the base of thumb in circle shape. Then it is treated as burn wound.
- Bhoomya amalaki roots are collected silently by remembering the name of the patient in the mind, later it is placed in the sun shine. Before the roots are dried, disease will be relieved.
- In all types of shopha, langhana (deprivation treatment), pachana (digestive treatment) followed by purification (shodhana) is carried out.
- Decoction of bark of aragwada and haritaki.
- Administering the rice boiled in ikshura kshara or cow urine along with ghee.
- Alkalies of alarka, karapasa are taken and mixed with water. It is applied all over the body.
- Goats dung is ground well with goats urine and made into fine paste. It is applied all over the body.
- Dashmuladi leha
- Dwi panchamuladi haritaki.
- Punarnavadi ghrita.
- Saireyadi taila.
- Virechana should be done by using grapes, triphala and trivrutta mixed with milk or ghee.
- Applying the mixture of liquorice, turmeric, sandalwood, musta and lodra.
- Raktamokshana (blood letting therapy)
- Mahatiktaka ghrita.
- Durvadi ghrita and taila.
- Administering the decoction of bark of neem, triphala, long pepper and jati (Jasminum grandiflorum).
- Juice of brahmi along with sugar is very effective.
- After applying the paste of ushira all over the body should take bath in water mixed with sandalwood paste and then lie down in the direction of cold breeze.
- Applying breast milk, in which adhaka or tamarind seeds have been soaked, as a collyrium.
- Purgation is the best treatment.
- Trayamanadi kashaya.
- Decoction of giloy, neem, gooseberry, jati and triphala.
- Argwadadi kashaya.
- Paste of giloy and mustard.
- Paste of sariva, sandalwood and kusta pounded with milk.
- Nasal instillation with kakamachi juice.
- External application of oil prepared with Holy basil leaves.
- Vajra yoga: Decoction from equal parts of patola, triphala, arista, giloy, prishnaparni, ativisha and karanja
- Decoction of daruharidra, Acacia catechu and neem.
- External application of paste prepared by using flower and bark of shirisha, leaves of karpasa, rajavruksha and kakamachi.
- Kapittadi taila.
- Maha tikta ghrita.
- Bhunimbadi churna.
- Jemutadi taila.
- Yama, dama, seva, tyaga, sheela, abhiyoga, dwija-guru-surapooja, dianika homa, bhaskara aradhana.
Astama prakarana (8th chapter)
- 24 vata diseases are explained
- Mahanaraya Oil
- Panchaarka Oil
- Mahavishamusti Oil
- Puthika oil for ardita (fascial paralysis)
- Lasuna kavala
- Sneha pottana
- Applying the paste of panchamla, danyamla with cow milk.
- Paste of sandalwood, kasturi along with danyamla.
- Guggulu ghrita
- Administering the fresh unboiled cow milk with fresh cow urine.
- Decoction of bala (Sida cordifolia), shatavari, rasna, dashamula, pilu, trivrutta and castor.
- Decoction prepared with bala, atibala, shatavari, kusta, cumin, black cumin, chitraka, pata and barangi is given along with ghee.
- Jeevaniya gana.
- Ileyadi leha.
- Chandanadi bala taila.
- Dashasara prayoga.
- Eladi powder.
Amla pitta (Gastritis)
- Khanda kushmanda.
- Khanda pippali.
Garbini chikista (treatment for pregnancy complications)
- Administration of decoction of utpala, bala, sariva, ushira along with milk pacifies the pain caused by garba srava (abortion).
- Decoction prepared by pata, long pepper roots, kusta, katukarohini along with honey, sugar given in garba shoola.
- In take of shirisha flower paste along with milk, early morning cures garba shoola.
- To prevent abortion, paste of jambu leaves pounded with rice washed water or milk is given.
- During difficulty in delivery, 4 inches long root of apamarga kept in vagina.
- Administering boiled aranala along with asafoetida and rock salt, there will not be difficulty in delivery and useful in moodha garba.
- In case of garba sanga, vagina should be fumigated with shredded skin of king cobra.
- Paste of liquorice and nilotapala pounded with milk, prevents garba srava.
Bala chikitsa (treatment for the diseases in children)
- Anger, jealousy, fasting, exertion are the causes for diminishing breast milk.
- Breast milk is produced by administering decoction of vidhari, ikshu, bala, grapes, sariva.
- Stanya dosha (vitiated breast milk) will be corrected by administering decoction of vachadi, haridradi gana drugs.
- Decoction of dataki pushpa, sariva, lodra mixed with honey and given in diarrhoea in children.
- Administering powder of bharangi, long pepper, ginger, karkatshrungi along with honey given in cough and dysnoea.
- Milk boiled with patola, triphala, arista, giloy given in fever.
- Yavakshara and root of Chitraka rubbed in latex of snuhi and mixed with sesame oil and paste is applied externally.
- Decoction of Terminalia chebula, chitraka, nagara is added with yava kshara churna and given to drink
- Chirabilvadi kashaya
- Soorana pindi
- Krimihara bhallataka ghrita
- Kankyana haritaki
- Drinking of half churned butter milk added with curry leaves for 40 days
- Powder of trikatu, chitraka, devadaru, rasna, vidanga mixed with sugar and given
Navama Prakarana (9th Chapter)
- In this chapter author describes in brief about the ‘Kumara tantra’ written by Akshkumara, son of Ravana,with the blessing of Mahadeva in Gokarna, for the betterment of people of universe.
Bala graha Treatment
- Fever afflicted on the 1st -12th day or 1st– 12th month or 1st yr-12th year, symptoms and treatment explained.
- Main Symptom: Fever and other associated symptoms
- Treatment: – Doopa with herbal drugs like guggulu, mustard etc. – Snana – Mantra: For each day different mantra is given – Homa
Masa graha Treatment:
- Child afflicted with Masagraha from 1st month to 12th month is explained in this book.
- For each month Planet name, symptoms and treatment is mentioned. Read – Your Child Does Not Eat Well? Causes, Ayurveda Solutions
Varsha graha Treatment
- Child afflicted with varshagraha from 1st year to 17 year is explained with Planet name given for each year, symptom and treatment.
Special information of this chapter:
Bali samanya karma:
- While performing bali, if the time is not mentioned, it should be consider that it should be carried during night, if the place not mentioned it should be considered as meeting point of four road and if the substance is not mentioned, it should be considered as cooked rice.
- Bali mantra
- Balagraha stotram
Dashama prakarana (10th chapter)
- Treatment of Vandhya (infertility), Pushpavarta, Unmada (psychiatric disorders), Apasamara (epilepsy), Boota, Krisha, Sthoola, Insomia, Diseases of eye, Ear diseases, Karnavedhana, Stanyavardhana, Nasal diseases and Diseases of tongue.
Types: 1) Janma vandhya 2) Kaaka vandhya 3) Mrit vandhya
Treatment: Vata – Oleation, Sudation, Enema Pitta – Treatment of bleeding diseases and cold treatment Kapha – Dry, hot treatment must be given.
Phala sarpi and other formulations also explained Useful in all type of yoni and shukra dosha It increases life span, gives strength, intellect and good for the purpose of Pumsavana karama If Phalasarpi is taken during pregnancy, the delivered baby will not die.
Unmada and Apasmara (Treatment for insanity and epilepsy)
- Detail explanation of disease, types, symptoms and treatment
- Formulations for insanity and epilepsy
- Brahmyadi vati
- Hingvadi vati
- Ashwagandhadi taila
- Kushmanada ghrita
- Bramhi ghrita
- Kalyanaka ghrita
- Maha kalyanaka ghrita
- Dhatryadi ghrita
- Pancha gavya ghrita
- Maha pancha gavya ghrita
- If a rope, which has been used to hang a robber by tree, is burnt and the charcoal obtained is mixed with cold water and given for drinking, it works wonderfully in epilepsy.
- Characteristic feature of graha and treatment are explained in this book. Read – Epilepsy – Ayurvedic Understanding And Its TreatmentKresha chikitsa (treatment for emaciation) By the intake of Ashwagandha along with milk or ghee for 15 days, the emaciated persons body gets nourished just like the tender crop which grows by the good rain. Sthoulya chikitsa (treatment for obesity) Ten pepper is taken with betel leaves and cold water for two months, early morning. Karana roga (treatment for ear diseases) There are 25 types of ear diseases and its treatment mentioned in this book. Karnapali vardaka yoga: Roots and fruits of gunja should be powederd and mixed with buffalo’s milk and curd is prepared. Then it should be churned and butter is separated. If this butter is applied to the ear lobes daily, then there is no doubt about the growth of ear lobes.
Ekadasha Prakarana (11th chapter)
This chapter gives detail explanation of symptoms and treatment of – Talu roga (Diseases of palate) Kanta roga (diseases of throat) Oshta roga (diseases of lips) Danta roga (teeth diseases) Dantamoola gata (diseases related to gums) Mukha paka (Mouth ulcers)
- Kusumakara rasa
- Arimeda taila
- Nagaradi taila
- Sharapunka taila
Shiroroga chikitsa (treatment for head diseases)
In Siddasara, by nasal instillation (nasya) using the paste of jaggery and ginger mixed with milk all the diseases of the mandible, eyes, ear, teeth, lips and head will be cured.
Remedy for Hair Loss:
- Triphala taila for improving hair growth.
- To cure greying of hair – apply the paste of karpasa seed pulp, pounded in sheep’s milk, over the head.
- Equal part of Ballataka, Brihati fruits, roots and fruits of gunja should be taken and pounded with honey and applied over the sclap, it helps to grow hair on the bald head.
- Application of paste of coriander seeds, vacha, lodhra and buffalo’s milk, over the face and washing with water.
- Acoras calamus, Lodhra, Ushira, ghee, Sajjarasa, ripened leaves of banyan tree and Turmeric should be pasted with milk and applied to the face and feet. It makes the face as beautiful as a lotus.
Aasya vairasya Chikitsa (Treatment for tastelessness)
- Aranala should be boiled with little salt and used for mouth filling. It cures tastelessness in the mouth.Vak siddikara Prayoga – Formulation for good vocabulary Equal parts of ashwagandha, ajamoda, pata, kushta, ginger, long pepper, pepper, shatapushpa, bramha beja and rock salt are taken and made into powder. To this powder, 1/4th part of vacha churna is added. Dose: 1 karsha with Honey and ghee After the complete digestion of this mixture, rice mixed with milk should be taken. By following this measure even a dumb person will speak and the person will become efficient in remembering thousands of book.
Dwadasha Prakarana (12th Chapter)
Treatment for diseases of breast
- In all the diseases of breast, Blood letting therapy is very much useful.
- In case of ulcers of the breast, Liquorice, Nimbi, turmeric, Vitex negundo and Dhataki should be taken in equal quantities and powderd and applied over the ulcers.
Kaksha roga Chikitsa:
- By drinking the decoction of kushta and cumin, the knots manifested in axilla will be cured.
Vrana Chikitsa (Treatment for ulcers)
- Shali, sesame and fruits of Castor are fried and pounded with ghee. By applying this paste, the swelling and knots present with ulcers will pacify and this external application is known as vrana tarpana yoga
Kshata Chikitsa – Treatment for injury
- Soon after the injury ,the ghee boiled with liquorice should be sprinkled over it and if there is severe pain then warm bala taila should be sprinkled.Dagdavrana Chikitsa – Treatment of the burn wound Matsyakshi ghrita: Ghee boiled with matsyakshi is applied over the burns, heals it quickly.
Bhagandara Chikitsa (treatment for fistula) Oil prepared by the juice and paste of wet ginger is best for curing fistula.
Upadamsha Chikitsa: (treatment for sexually transmitted diseases) 12 types of Upadamsha are explained
Formulation: Upadamshaari rasa
Trayodasha Prakarana (13th Chapter)
Padaprabheda Chikitsa (Treatment for cracked heals)
- Jaggery, guggulu, rock salt, ushira, gairika, honey, and madana are pounded with buffalo’s ghee and applied to the cracked heals, pacifies the cracks. Read – Cracked Heels: Treatment And Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Gandamala Chikitsa (Treatment of goitre)
- By applying the paste of swarnaksheeri, chitraka, and ativisha which as been pounded with water for one week, the gandamala starts to disappear.
- Roots of girikarnika is grounded and mixed in cow urine. By drinking this mixture, there will be pacification of gandamala.
Detail explanation of treatment for poisoning is also explained in this book. Read – Charaka Visha Chikitsa 23rd Chapter of Chikitsa Sthana
- Sthavara visha Chikitsa (treatment for herbal poisoning)
- Jangama visha Chikitsa (treatment for poisoning caused by animals) Sarpadamsha chikitsa (treatment for snake bite) Vrishchika damsha chikitsa (treatment for scorpion sting)
- Mantra Chikitsa is mentioned for Sthavara and Jangama visha
Chaturdasha Prakarana (14th Chapter)
Shwanavisha Chikitsa (Treatment of Dog bite)
- Dog bite poison can be cured by applying the mixture of jaggery, gingelly oil and latex of arka over the site of bite.
- Bite poisoning will be cured by tying the kumara dala along with rock salt, which is slightly heated. It cures rat bite.This chapter also mentions the treatment for – insect bite, frog bite, poisoning caused due to fox, tiger, etc, lizard poisoning, artificial poisoning, poisoning caused due to poisonous fruits, leaves, flowers, roots, and tubers, metal poisoning, poisoning caused due to flies, bees and fishes. Read – Fish Benefits, Side Effects – Ayurveda Details
Books referred in Vaidyasara Sangraha
- Agnivesheeya Samhita
- Ashwini Samhita
- Atreya Samhita/Atri
- Bahata Samhita/(Astanga Hridya)
- Bhageeratha Samhita
- Bharadwaja Samhita
- Bheshaja Kalpa
- Dhanvantari Samhita
- Goutama Samhita
- Harita Samhita
- Jtukarna Samhita
- Kankayana Samhita
- Kashyapa Samhita
- Ksharapani Samhita
- Mahayana Samhita
- Nandikeshwara Samhita
- Rishyashringa Samhita
- Sangraha(Astanga Sangraha)
- Siddasara Samhita
- Sushruta Vyakhya
- Author has mentioned almost all diseases, types, features and treatment in detail with many formulations.
- For easy understanding author has divided all the chapters into 2 khanda (Parts).
- Many new formulations are explained and introduced.
- Explained Tantric and Mantric ways to treat the disease which is not mentioned in any other texts.