Cow milk and buffalo milk both are both very nutritious. When both are available, the choice of milk should be made based on your personal needs, health status and digestion power.
Cow milk and buffalo milk – similarities
- Taste – Both cow milk and buffalo milk are sweet in taste, and have cooling effect.
- Cow milk and buffalo milk both act as natural aphrodisiacs.
- Both are high in nutrition and improves strength.
- Both these milks calm Pitta and help in relieving burning sensation.
Cow milk vs buffalo milk – Differences
- Buffalo milk is slightly heavier to digest when compared to Cow milk.
- The capacity to induce natural sleep is more in buffalo milk than cow milk.
- The protein content in buffalo milk is more compared to cow milk.
- Fat content is more in buffalo milk than in cow milk.
- Ghee prepared from buffalo milk increases Kapha, while Cow milk – ghee calms Pitta and increases digestion power.
- Cow milk is more used in Ayurveda than buffalo milk.
For more differences based on the nutritional aspects click here