By Dr M S Krishnamurthy MD(Ayu) PhD.
Different varieties of non- veg food preparations can be found where chicken is used. Depending upon geological area and cravings of people vivid oils and spices are added.
Read – Best And Worst Things For Health And Disease – Charaka Sutrasthana 25
Quite interestingly, long back, during
Method of preparation
- Rice is cooked properly and on filtering water portion, it is kept ready for further processing.
- Well cooked chicken pieces are also kept ready.
- Salt and spices like turmeric, garlic, pepper, onion, cumin seeds etc are added to the cooked rice and mixed well.
- Well cooked chicken pieces are fried with ghee or sesame oil and kept aside.
- To this, fine powder of sesame oil cake or sesame seeds is added and mixed well.
- Small amount of sesame oil is taken separately and asafoetida is added and fried.
- Finely powdered asafoetida is added to the fried chicken, mixed and added to the above mixture and fried again.
- To this, cooked rice is added and while warming it is mixed thoroughly.
- It is served with side dishes of one’s choice.
Good for health, aphrodisiac, balances vata, energiser etc.
Read – Goat Meat Benefits As Per Ayurveda
Vata disorders (who are not having constipation),
General debility, lack of muscle strength, sexual debility etc.
People seeking weight gain
Read – Sesame Candy Recipe And Benefits
Such preparations are to be avoided by patients who are having pitta disorders, constipation, haemorrhoids, bleeding disorders, dysurea, menorrhagia, headache, acid peptic disorders, abdominal pain etc.
Read – Constipation Causes, Ayurvedic Treatment, Home Remedies
In the internet, you can find many other recipes of chicken biriyani. But it is always good to visit ancient text books and follow their recipes. By following ancient recipes, at least, we can be free from making wrong / unhealthy ingredient combination.
Click to consult Dr MS Krishnamurthy by email