Sesame candy is a one of the famous candy recipe usually made during Indian festivals. Apart from carrying the sesame seed benefits, this candy recipe brings with it the health benefits of cardamom, jaggery and coconut. It is very easy to make and takes only 15 minutes to prepare. This article is in response to an inquiry from Ms. Nanditha P Bhat.
Sesame seed recipe
- Sesame seeds – 100 gram
- Jaggery powder (or sugar powder) – 75 gram.
- Dry coconut powder -50 gram
- Cardamom powder – half spoon
Take sesame, make a coarse powder and dry fry it for 2 – 3 minutes over mild fire.
Take jaggery in another vessel, add half a cup of water and heat it till it becomes semisolid. If you lift the mass with a spoon, you should get a thread like consistency.
To the fried sesame powder, add dry coconut powder and cardamom powder and mix it well.
To this mixture add the semisolid jaggery little by little and roll it into the form of candy. While rolling, apply a little ghee to your hands.
Make sure to do candy rolling while the mass is hot.
Sesame candy benefits
- Improves digestion.
- Improves respiratory health, relieves minor cold and cough.
- It carries all the sesame benefits.
- It is an excellent home remedy for abdominal cramps and to balance Vata.
- It slightly increases Pitta. For this reason, it is not advised for those having Pitta imbalance and who are very sensitive to heat.
Note: This is not advised for women with heavy menstrual bleeding.