Nothing is fresher than the face packs that you make with your own hands. The advantage of making your own herbal face pack is, you can make the choice of ingredients, based on your own needs. Here are a few examples.
Ingredients and purpose
Gram flour (Besan powder) – good for skin, good base.
Turmeric – Fights skin allergy, heals wounds, scars. Improves skin glow. Relieves dark patches.
Neem powder – Good for pimples, pustules. Cleanses skin.
Khadira – Acacia catechu – As per Ayurveda, of all the herbs useful in skin diseases, Khadira is the best!. Read more about Khadira
Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia – Another powerful Ayurvedic herb to balance Pitta at the level of skin. Used in numerous Ayurvedic medicines for skin diseases such as Maha Manjishtadi kashaya
Almond powder –Natural Vitamin E source.
Sandalwood powder (or paste) – Gives natural aroma to your home made face pack mix. Balances Pitta, fights acne and acne scars.
Rose water – Coolant, acts as an excellent base to mix everything up to form a paste. Gives natural aroma to the mix.
Quantity of ingredients
I used gram flour as the base. Because, it is good for skin and it makes a good base for a face pack. I used around two tablespoons of it.
I have used turmeric – two pinches only, because, too much of it may cause slight burning sensation or increased hotness.
Rest of the ingredients, I have used around half to one teaspoonful.
Rose water – quantity sufficient.
To simplify quantities:
Gram flour – 15 grams
Turmeric – 2 grams
Rest of the ingredients – 5 grams
Rose water – quantity sufficient.
If you wish, you can add a few drops of Kumkumadi Taila just to enhance the benefits further.
How to apply
Make a semisolid paste, apply evenly. Avoid eye exposure. Leave it for 5 – 15 minutes, based on your comfort. Wash off.
Once you make the facepack, you need to use it within a couple of hours.
But you can make the herbal mix and store it for 2 – 4 months. As and when required, just add a few drops of rose water, make it a paste and apply.
But make sure to keep the powder mix in an air tight container.
If you decide to store it for long, make sure to avoid water particles getting mixed with the powder mix.
Herbal face pack video
Related article: – How to make herbal bath powder
Ayurvedic Face Packs For Acne And Pimples
Benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid etc can remove acne and pimples very quickly. But, there are better, cost effective, and natural ways to treat acne. They are not only inexpensive, safe but also show long lasting results. In addition, Ayurvedic face packs can cure and prevent the acne blemished skin, thus making it a flawless and healthy.
Neem, Tulsi, Turmeric, Sandalwood
1. Ayurvedic anti acne Face Pack Using Neem, Tulsi, Turmeric And Sandalwood
Turmeric in this pack possesses anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that help to destroy the P acne bacteria (Propionibacterium acnes) causing acne.
Neem contains anti-fungal and antibacterial agents, which strengthen the immune system. It fights off the bacteria causing acne. You can find a variety of commercial acne products containing neem in the market.
Basil or tulsi is known for its great acne-healing properties.
Sandalwood balances Kapha and Pitta Dosha. It inhibits the breakout of acne and pimples. This face pack is good for adults as well as teenagers.
How to make this pack?
The first step is to prepare 8-9 neem leaves or ½ teaspoon of neem powder, ½ teaspoon of sandalwood powder, a dash of turmeric powder and 7-8 Tulsi leaves.
Next, crush the leaves of neem and tulsi. Then, add the other ingredients in one small bowl or plate.
Now mix all the ingredients with water to make a paste. After this, apply this paste on your face and rinse off after 20 minutes.
Mint, Besan, Basil
2. Ayurvedic Face Pack Using Mint Leaves, Besan And Basil Leaves
Mint contains anti acne element which can dry up the acne and clean up the pores as well. Mint is rich in vitamin A element that helps in curbing the excessive oil causing acne. It consists of antioxidant property keeping the skin soft and supple as well. Mint leaves aids in fighting against different bacterial infections causing acne. Here’s the recipe:
- Take about 7-8 leaves of mints, 7-8 leaves of Tulsi and a teaspoon of Besan (or chick pea flour).
- Now crush the leaves and mix all the three ingredients with rose water or water to make a paste.
- Then, apply this pack on your face and wait for 20 minutes.
- This pack should be repeated once to twice a week to get rid of acne and pimples.
Neem, Red Sandalwood
3. Ayurvedic Face Pack Using Neem And Red sandalwood
All the good ingredients in this ayurvedic face pack will help eliminate the bacterial infection causing. Red sandalwood or raktchandan possesses soothing and healing characteristics which lighten the skin tone. So, it will soothe your irritated skin and fade the pimples. Neem, on the other hand, kills bacteria as well as clears the pimples. This pack is really useful for people with sensitive skin and are facing acne problems.
Here’s the method:
- At first, take 1 tsp of neem powder with 1 tsp of red sandalwood power. Then, mix all the ingredients with water to make a paste in one small bowl.
- Now apply this paste on your face for about 20 minutes. After the time is up, wash the face by using plain normal water.
4. Ayurvedic Face Pack Using Turmeric And Sandalwood
This pack face helps in removing the bacterial infection and the pimples as well. Let’s see the recipe:
- Take a teaspoon of sandalwood powder and a pinch of turmeric powder. Now mix the ingredients thoroughly and then apply this paste on your clean face.
- Keep for around 15-20 minutes and at last, rinse your face by using plain water.
- Follow this face pack at least twice a week.
Clove, Mint, Multani Mitti
5. Face Pack For Pimple Using Cloves, Mint Leaves And Multani Mitti
This face pack can help take the excess oils out of the face, thus avoiding pimples. Both clove and mint help in eliminating the infection causing acne. Multani mitti helps in absorbing the excess oils from your skin, making it less oily as well as less likely to more pimples. Here’s the method:
- Take 7-8 leaves of mint, a tsp of Multani Mitti (Fuller’s earth) and 2 cloves.
- Now crush the mint leaves and grind the cloves. Then, add a tsp of Multani mitti in it.
- After that, mix all the three ingredients with water to make a paste.
- Now wash your face and thereafter apply this paste. Wait for 20 minutes.
- Finally, use normal water to wash off this pack.
Acne Face Pack Using Marigold (Genda) Flowers
Marigold flowers come with antibacterial and antiseptic agents that heal acne. Besides, marigold prevents wrinkles and also very soothing to deal with sun damaged skin. Here is the recipe:
- Take some fresh flowers and mix it with milk and honey to make a paste.
- Then, apply it on your face for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it off by using lukewarm water.