It is often seen that many lean and thin people face problems with their looks. So, here are the Ayurvedic tips taken from Charaka samhita to improve your looks by putting on weight healthily.
What happens if some one is very lean and maintains size zero for a long time?
– Depletion of digestive power, immunity, skin complexion and muscle mass.
– Person becomes prone to repeated infections, debility, constipation and digestive disorders like peptic ulcers.
– There will be a severe increase in Vata leading to vata related joint disorders.
Table of Contents
Weight loss ill-effects
Diseases caused by severe weight loss
Reduction in the power of digestion, strength, complexion, Ojas, Semen and muscle tissue,
Continuous fever and cough, pain in the chest, anorexia, weakness in the power of hearing sounds, insanity, pain in cardiac region, obstruction to the passage of stools and urine, pain in calf, thigh and lumbar regions;
Cracking pain in fingers, bones and joints and such diseases due to the vitiation of Vata like Urdhvavata (upward movement of Vayu) etc.
For their treatment, therapies resulting in long term nourishment should be administered.
How to put on weight quickly ?
If one has lost weight very rapidly in recent times, then putting on weight can be achieved in a short period of time.
But if some one has lost weight over a long period of time, then, putting on weight will also take time.
So, in general, putting on weight should be ideally a gradual process.
Diet to put on weight
Regular intake of meat soup, milk, ghee, curds and dairy products, sweets etc.
Ayurvedic Home remedy to put on weight: A smash fruit mixture prepared with Dates, dry grapes, Indian gooseberry (Amla), pomegranate. A little sugar can be added to improve taste. – one tablespoon of this mix can be taken two times a day.
This fruit salad kind of juice can be taken two times a day up to one month to achieve effective weight gain.
Use Soy bean in your diet. Request your parents to include soy bean in food
Consume egg white – three per day. Do not eat the inner yellow part as it is rich in cholesterol.
Take meat soup – at least once or twice a week.
Fruit / Fruit juice – minimum 4 times a week.
Any non veg food of your choice at least twice a week.
Fruit salad / Vegetable salad. once in two days.
Freshly harvested rice, fresh wine
Frequent usage of meat, curd, ghee, milk, sugarcane, rice, black gram and wheat.
Regularly use little quantities of spices such as cinnamon, garlic, ginger, cardamom, clove and black pepper in the diet. It helps to improve your appetite.
Herbs for weight gain
Ripe falsa fruit
Eating rules to put on weight
Eat only when hungry.
Do not eat slowly, chew fast and eat fast.
Do not distract yourself with phones and tv while eating.
Do not drink water before or after food. Drink water while taking food. Find out why.
Good sleep to improve weight – Sleep and stress free life is very important to put on weight. Sleep for at least 7 hours at night. If you have trouble sleeping, plan your sleep correctly and enjoy maximum rest.
Having a good mood and keeping stress away is very useful to gain weight. Try to indulge in comic TV shows.
Tranquility of mind causes weight gain. Try to keep mind calm by practicing Pranayama
Avoid excess physical activities. – Limit your exercise schedule to only 15 minutes a day.
Intake of freshly harvested rice, fresh wine,
Gramya, Anupa and Audaka Mamsarasa – Meat soup of domestic, marshy and aquatic animals,
Regular oil massage –
Regular oil massage with plain sesame oil / Mahamasha thailam / Mahanarayan oil Helps to improve muscle strength, relaxes body and mind, relieves stress.
Take half a bowl of any of the above oil, dip your fingertips in the oil and apply a thin layer of the oil all over the body, do gentle massage just for 3 -5 minutes, leave the oil on the body for at least 10 minutes, then have a lukewarm water bath. If you do not feel comfortable massaging your own body, then visit an Ayurveda center.
Tasty Weight Gain Remedy:
1. Take 50 grams of each of raisins, dates, almonds, cashew anjeer etc.
Mash them, fry it with 100 grams of ghee, for 5 minutes. Add it to 100-150 grams of jaggery or sugar and a little water. Continue heating till the whole mass becomes semisolid.
Take this – 1 teaspoon 2 times a day after food.
2. Tender coconut pulp is taken by adding beaten rice and jaggery or sugar candy. Regular practice with this helps to gain body weight significantly.
Ayurvedic Panchakarma treatment:
If you are struggling to gain weight by natural measures, visit an Ayurveda center. Enema consisting of oily and sweet tasting herbs balances Vata and causes weight gain.
Modern outlook to put on weight:
Improving digestive power.
Clearing the intestine from worms
Putting on weight with a diet rich in proteins, vitamins, carbohydrate and a little bit of fat.
Ayurvedic medicines Vata-Pitta
Can you please mention oil, ghee food supplements or lehyam to promote weight gain in vata-pitta combination prakruti person
The bad news is, the people with Vata – Pitta Prakriti are slightly underweight, more so, with a Vata body type person.
The good news is, there are umpteen numbers of Ayurvedic medicine options to improve weight.
One thing to remember is, these medicines in higher doses contribute to weight gain, whereas these in lower doses, do not cause weight gain.
1. Kushmanda Rasayana – Made with winter melon, ghee, which contribute to weight gain along with certain spices such as ginger, cinnamon, black pepper etc. This herbal jam improves weight and also increases hunger and digestion capacity. A higher dose of 10-20 grams, once or twice a day for 2 – 3 months is good to cause weight gain.
2. Ksheerabala taila 101 – This unique herbal oil is made with sesame oil, milk and Sida cordifolia. This is told very specifically to balance Vata and Pitta Dosha. So, taking the oil – 2-3 ml, 2 – 3 times a day before food for 2 – 3 months can contribute to weight gain. It is also available in the form of a capsule. 2 capsules 2 – 3 times a day can be helpful.
3. Regular intake of ghee – Ghee by nature balances down Vata and Pitta Dosha. So, including 3 – 4 teaspoon of ghee in diet
taking anti stress ghee medicines such as Brahmi ghrita, Kalyanaka Ghrita, Maha Kalyanaka Ghrita relieve stress, depression, keeps your mind happy and improves body weight. Dose should be slightly high – 3 – 4 teaspoon a day.
If one develops indigestion due to high dose ghee intake, then including a small quantity of spices such as black pepper, cumin and ginger is useful.
4. Bhringarajasava – This is a fermented cold infusion product with the famous herb Bhringraj. It is known to improve hair quality. It, in a dose of 10-20 ml, once or twice a day can be useful.
Ashwagandha lehya / Balaswagandhadi lehya / Ashwangandharishta – These Ashwagandha products, in higher doses are useful to improve weight but they can slightly increase Pitta Dosha. So, not very ideal for a Vata-Pitta prakriti person.