This is a guest post by Ms Kitty Holman.
Have you been victim to rampant hair loss or dry hair recently? Is one of your greatest fears premature balding? Ayurvedic remedies can prevent or lessen the effects of hormonal changes, which are damaging to your hair and self-confidence! Modifying your diet and engaging in weekly oil treatments are two simple ways to keep your hair healthy, beautiful, and ON your head.
Diet for healthy hair
- Balance is one of the most important aspects of Ayurveda teachings. It comes as no surprise that balance should apply to your food intake as well.
- Portion control is crucial to maintaining a healthy weight, but balance should also apply to the TYPE of food you are eating.
- Proteins are crucial to keep your skin, nails, and HAIR healthy. In fact, because our hair is made from protein, we have to make sure that our body consumes enough alternative sources of it to restore dead cells.
- So, if you have hair fall, lentils, nuts, or other legumes are good sources of proteins. Also, grilled tofu with the proper marinade can be absolutely delicious! Add some tofu chunks to your pasta or sandwich as well.
- If you are not a vegetarian, increase your intake of fish, chicken, or lean red meats (sirloin).
- Next time you are looking for a quick meal, put some salmon on the grill with an easy teriyaki marinade!
- After a month or two of monitoring your protein intake, you will be surprised with the softer texture of your hair.
Oil Treatment for hair
- Oil treatment is an ancient practice still common in South Asia and the Middle East.
- From hamams in Turkey to chic salons in Mumbai, women frequently ask for weekly oil massages.
- Don’t worry; No exotic getaway is necessary to get the same results! You can easily give yourself a treatment at home. Healthy oils such as olive oil, castor oil, or coconut oil are all great to apply to your hair! Choose one type to use a week.
- Use a comb to part your hair and start applying oil to your scalp with cotton, a piece of cloth, or even your hands. Work your way down.
- Leaving it in overnight and showering the next morning would be the best way to get the full results.
- However, if you only have time to leave it in for one to two hours, the treatment will still leave you with healthy, shiny hair!
This guest post is contributed by Kitty Holman, who writes on the topics of nursing colleges. She welcomes your comments at her email Id: [email protected]