There was this badminton championship in our college last week and I was confident of entering at least the third round. First match, I won the first set but lost the second and the third. Championship dream.. gone! When I look back at the match, I lost not because the opponent was better than me in the game, but because he was fitter than me. Being busy advising my clients about the necessity of physical activities, I had neglected the perimeter of my tummy. Hence I have chosen to be physically fit as my new year resolution.
Means to achieve physical fitness –
Usually, following only one type of physical activity is boring. Hence I have planned (and already have started) combining many types of physical activities.
Jogging, walking, Yoga, Gym, Out door games are the ways.
A minimum of half an hour per day.
Signs to end the physical activity for the day –
Mental content, tiredness and sweating.
- Helps to lose weight
- Makes body strong and sturdy
- Helps mind to concentrate more
- Makes you more enthusiastic
- Makes mind firmer, improves concentration
- Improves glucose utilization by muscles. Hence reduces the chances of pre diabetes and diabetes.
- Reduces cholesterol and improves heart health.
- Makes veins and arteries (blood pipes) stronger.
- Early morning exercise brings about Tridosha balance.
- Improves lung capacity and lung function. Hence mild exercise is recommended in asthma.
- Improves immunity.
- Acts as natural aphrodisiac.
- Makes you look more attractive
- Helps to chase and catch chain snatchers.
By the way, what is your new year health resolution?