Smokers diet is the diet which helps to avoid hazards of smoking cigarettes. It is designed to target lungs, heart and to prevent cancer. We know that smoking cigarettes is not a good habit. Many of you might already be on the path of quitting it. But many find it difficult to quit smoking. Once after quitting smoking, it takes around 8 – 10 years for your lungs and whole body system to come out of bad effects of smoking.
It is ideal to follow a smoker’s diet, rich in anti oxidant herbs and Ayurvedic herbal formulas to assist your body system to get rid of bad effects as soon as possible.The below mentioned diet is also useful if you are still continuing smoking, but is planning to quit soon.
Smoker’s diet –
1. Turmeric – It is the most important herb for you. Turmeric boosts immunity, strengthens heart and lungs. Turmeric is also a proven herb to prevent cancer. So, include more of turmeric in your diet.
2. Tulsi – Holy basil boosts the strength of your lungs and keeps you away from common respiratory problems such as cough, asthma etc. One or two leaves of Tulsi everyday is a must have for smokers.
3. Ginger, pepper and long pepper – These three are together called as Trikatu. Very helpful in improving body immunity and digestion power, apart from supporting lungs and heart. People with gastritis need to take care, as it may worsen gastritis. Read more about Trikatu.
Daily in the morning, after breakfast, take two Holy basil leaves, along with a pinch of ginger, pepper and long pepper, add a little turmeric to it and take it along with a little honey.
4. Triphala powder – It boosts immunity, protects heart, provides with plenty of anti oxidants and helps to relieve constipation. It has a cleansing effect. Another must have for smokers.
5. Ashwagandha – Rich in anti oxidants helps to improve strength and immunity.
6. Agastya Hareetaki Rasayana – This wonderful combination is really helpful if you have developed recurrent cough, asthma. It also has rejuvenative property.
7. Chyawanprash – One of the best Ayurvedic product, helps to improve immunity, good for lungs, heart and whole body. Read more – Health benefits of Chyawanprash
9. Avoid oily food, frozen food, ice cream as far as possible to prevent respiratory conditions.