Here is an Ayurvedic home remedy for women who are planning for conception. This is a traditional recipe is made with Ashwagandha.
Ashwagandha is something which is usually associated with men, male infertility treatment etc. But it is equally beneficial for women as well.
Home remedy video
What you need:
Ashwagandha root (Withania somnifera) – coarse powder – 25 g
Water – 400 ml.
Milk – 100 ml
Ghee – 2 – 3 ml.
Method of preparation
- Take Ashwagandha root coarse powder and add it to 400 ml water, boil and reduce the water level to 100 ml. The proportion is 1:16 reduced to 1/4th.
- After reduction, do not filter the decoction. add 100 ml of milk to it. Remember that for any Ayurvedic remedy preparation, if you are using milk, it should always be used only after boiling it.
- Continue heating this milk and Ashwagandha decoction further till you are left with only 100 ml.
- Filter it.
- This recipe contains both water soluble and fat soluble active principles of Ashwagandha in the medium of milk.
- This is taken in a dose of 30 ml, in the morning, before food, along with half a teaspoon of ghee (clarified butter).
- If you are planning for conception, it can be taken every morning, for a period of 2 – 3 months, based on your Ayurvedic doctor’s advice.
- Once after preparing the milk remedy, it should not be re-boiled. It should be emptied within 3 – 4 hours after preparation.
- It is better to take this Ashwagandha remedy when it is hot.
Who can use it?
Any lady planning for conception can take this.
Any side effects?
There are no known side effects with this home remedy. However, people with very high cholesterol levels may take very less quantity of ghee with this remedy.
Mode of action
How does it help? Will it help women facing the problem of infertility?
This remedy helps in following ways.
- It helps to strengthen the ligaments, uterus and ovaries so as to prepare for pregnancy.
- It helps to reduce stress levels and calms the mind.
- It is a powerful anti inflammatory and anti oxidant herb. It boosts immunity.
- It helps in relieving auto immune disorders. Auto-immunity is also a cause of infertility.
- As per Ayurveda principles, it improves quality of ovum (egg).