Artists prefer loose clothing. It helps them to think creatively and let their imaginations take new colours. Sachin Tendulkar, in an interview told that he always makes sure that his gloves are tight-fitting. It helps him to concentrate hard. Tight clothing or loose clothing is a personal choice, there are also a few health points to consider.
Table of Contents
Clothing based on activities
Your Job –
Obviously, your clothing should suit your job. You can not wear a suit while playing tennis.
If your job needs you to think freely, out of the box and creatively, loose clothing helps your mind to think freely.
If your job needs you to stick to timeline, finish projects as per schedule, needs you to follow specific predefined guidelines, tight clothing would help you.
Inside Gym –
- Better to choose clothes that
- Help you in stretching
- Does not make sweat to stick to your body, helps to drain off sweat from your body easily.
Cotton cloth –
- Helps in summer to absorb excessive sweating.
- Suitable for people with Pitta body type.
Clothing based on body type
You can know about your body type in my Tridosha ebook
For Vata Body Type –
- Tight fitting and warm clothes are fit for you.
- Helps to keep frequent aches and pains at bay.
- Brings much needed stiffness and steadiness to your body.
- Helps to keep the body warm.
Pitta body type –
- Cotton, loose fitting clothes, clothes that are not heavy and that do not retain heat inside, such clothes are suited for you.
- Helps to keep the body cool and let off the body heat.
- Helps to lessen sweating and collection of sweat on the skin. This way, it makes you less prone to skin diseases.
Kapha body type –
Loose fitting warm clothes suit you.
Helps to maintain warmth of the body.
Help to move your body freely.
Keeps you free from stiffness and lack of activity.
Makes you free from laziness.
Clothing based on disease
Skin diseases – Cotton clothes that helps to absorb sweat.
Male infertility – Make sure that the undergarments are loose fitting so as to let away the heat. Higher temperature in the testicles causes sperm death and lower sperm motility.
Cough and cold – Better to cover ears with scarf.
Headache – Keep the ears covered.
Blunt injuries – Keep the area covered with a light cloth with mild pressure. This helps to relieve pain.
Pregnancy and lactation period (not a disease condition) – Use a scarf to cover head and ears, wear warm clothing. Helps to maintain vata balance.