Akeeka is a colourful stone. Red coloured akeeka is considered the best. It has Aluminium, Iron oxide & manganese oxide. Relative density – 2.6 and Hardness – 7.
Table of Contents
Availability of Akeek
Surat, Raajpeepla, MP, Sysli.
Types of Akika
- Akeeka – red coloured.
- Jaalayukta Akeeka – having streaks.
- Shaivala Akeeka – greenish
- Sadharana Akeeka – red coloured.
Qualities of Akik
Sheeta veerya, Rooksha, Raktastambhana, strengthens teeth, useful in mental disorders. Its Pishti made along with Swarna is highly aphrodisiac.
Shodhana of Akeeka
- Heated and dipped in Kevada arha for 21 times.
- Heated and dipped in Vedamushka arka for 21 times.
Read more about Shodhana preocedure here
Marana of Akeek
Powder is given Bhavana with Kevada arka or Vedamusha arka, cakes are preared and 3 Puta heat is given.
Fine powder is given Bhavana with Kevada arka till fine paste is obtained.
2-4 Ratti (250mg to 500 mg) in divided doses per day