By Dr Raghuram Y.S. MD (Ay) & Dr Manasa, B.A.M.S
Medo Sara Purusha Lakshanas means signs of person who has richness and best essence of fat tissue. These people are healthy when they have balanced fat and its best essence in the body supported with the balance of all the other tissues.
Meda – fat tissue
Sara – richness / best quality / essence
Purusha – person
Lakshana – signs
Read – Medo Dhatu: Fat Tissue, As Explained In Ayurveda
Signs of Best Quality Fat Tissue
The below mentioned are signs of high quality medo dhatu in the body –
Excessive unctuousness of the below mentioned body structures –
Complexion, Voice, Eyes, Hairs, Small hairs / body hairs, Nails, Teeth, Lips, Urine, Feces
According to Master Sushruta (Sushruta Samhita Sutrasthana 35/16) –
- pass unctuous urine and sweat
- has unctuous / mellow voice
- has a bulky body
- and are incapable of doing strenuous work / hard physical labor
Read – Difference Between The Terms Prasada And Sara
The person having enriched fat tissue is endowed with – (Charaka Samhita Vimana Sthana 8/106)
- wealth – vitta
- sovereignty – aishvarya
- happiness – sukha
- enjoyment – upabhoga
- charity – pradaana
- kindness – aarjava
- delicate nature and intolerance to severe forms of / strong treatments – sukumara upacharata
- Having melodious voice, the persons with richness of fat tissue can pursue their career as singers and broadcasters.
- They have unctuous / good looks and voice. They can work as anchors.
- Since these people love relaxed, luxurious and sedentary life and are unable to bear hardships of life they can be good hoteliers or luxury store owners. They may chose professions which have less strenuous works to do. These jobs suit their nature.
- They can be in fashion business and also be fashion critics since they have a very good taste of what is best suited to whom
Read – Kanthya Gana: Voice Improving Herbs: Review, Benefits, Formulations
Bird eye view of persons of Meda Sara from clinical perspective
Meda sara from health, immunity and disease / pathological perspective
These people have optimum quality and quantity of fat tissue. Therefore they have good fat health and immunity. They don’t fall victim to fat related disorders frequently. Richness of fat doesn’t include large deposition of fat as in obesity and overweight persons, these are pathological. Fat provides buffer to most activities in the body and enables smooth functioning of many organs and tissues. A desired amount of fat tissue is needed for body functions to take place normally. Those having richness of fat will have this fat in more proportions in comparison to the people having richness of other tissues. But the quality of this fat too is good and contributes towards smooth functioning of body parts in these persons and hence physiological. Obese and overweight people will have more fat but will not exhibit the signs of richness of fat. They are prone to diseases occurring due to errors of fat metabolism.
Read – Obesity: Pathology, Signs And Symptoms As Per Ayurveda
Precautions, maintenance and interventions in relation to meda sara
To maintain the optimum quality and essence of fat tissue, these people should take compatible and balanced foods and exercise regularly. They should neither be too sedentary nor work out too hard on themselves so as to deplete the fat stores. Both these will lead to essence of fat tissue, imbalance the lubrication and unctuousness in the body and expose the body to wide array of disorders.
They need to avoid taking high calorie foods, especially sweets and high fat foods.
Regular and periodic udwarthana i.e. herbal powder scrubs, swedana i.e. steaming therapies and purgation treatments. These therapies will keep the fat and fat metabolism intact. They will deplete the excess fat stores and its burden on the body. They will also enable in enhancing and restoring the best essence of fat tissue.
Need to know about fat sara
- To analyze the strength, richness and health of fat tissue
- To diagnose the root of diseases related to fat and errors of fat metabolism
- To diagnose the balances and imbalances in fat tissue
- To provide timely remedies to enhance the quality, essence and health of fat tissue, who present with depletion of essence of fat tissues, who were otherwise healthy in that perspective
- To promote health and immunity in people who have richness of fat tissue