These back pain tips are general measures to avoid occasional back pain. These tips are also helpful for those having mild back pain over a long period of time, but doctor says that there is nothing wrong with your back. Hope they are useful to you.
So, here are the tips on back pain relief and how to strengthen your lower back.
1. Sit straight. It helps in uniform distribution of your body weight throughout the length of your spine, so helps in decreasing extra tension to your lower back.
2. Apply a little quantity of Arthorub Ointment over the area of pain and apply mild to moderate heat. You may use a hot water bottle or a hot towel for the same. This process helps to relax your tensed muscles. The warmth also increases the flow of blood and oxygen to the injured area, which speeds healing.
3. Lie on your back on the floor and put a pillow under your knees—that raises them slightly, taking some of the pressure off your lower back. This position will provide some relief. Lie in this position for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. When you need to sit for a long time, it is also helpful to use a lumbar belt around your lower back for a period of 1-2 weeks. It will strengthen and support the lower back. It holds the back still, giving it the much needed rest.
5. If you have a long history of low back pains, then you can consider taking Lumbaton soft gel capsules one tablet two times a day for a period of 1 -2 months. It helps to reduce low back pain to a large extent.
6. Bed for back pain – There is a huge debate on which type of bed to choose. I would suggest using a slightly hard bed. It should be neither too hard nor very soft.
7. In case there is no relief with these techniques, seek immediate medical advice.
Warning: These back pain tips are not applicable for pregnant ladies. Please contact your health care service provider, in such case.
When the back pain is more, lie on a mat. Keep a chair in front of you. Rest your legs on the chair so that you make 90 degree angle at hip and knees. Lie in this position for 10 – 15 minutes.
While lifting weights, don’t bend over from the waist / back to lift heavy objects. Bend your knees and squat, hold the object close to your body as you stand up. Don’t twist your body.
Luke warm water bath is helpful in relaxing muscles, tendons and ligaments. Cold water bath increases muscle stiffness. So avoid cold water bath.
Pushing is easier on your back than pulling. Use your arms and legs to start the push. If you must lift a heavy item, get someone to help you.