These are 7 quick tips about herbal supplement use which is valid for anybody who is already taking or planning to take herbal supplements.
1. Before using any herbal supplement, it is always better to consult an Ayurvedic specialist or herbalist for an opinion.
2. Do not take any irrelevant supplements like thyroid support supplements, when you have a healthy thyroid etc
3. There are a few Ayurvedic herbal supplements like chyawanprash, which can be taken by almost anyone, but still, like I said before, it is good to consult an expert before opting for any supplement.
4. Get to know the herbal ingredients of the supplements. It is always better to know what you swallow.
5. Do not take any Ayurvedic medicine or herbal supplement, without a proper label, describing the content and method of usage.
6. Please disclose the use of supplements to your physician. A good physician will always welcome the use of appropriate herbal supplements.
7. There is a misconception that the herbal supplements purchased from outside the native country is not believable. But if the quality control measures, latest herbal technologies are employed to ensure the safety and efficacy of the herbal medicines, then such an herbal product from any part of the world can be believed.