You are welcome to learn Ayurveda with us. 🙂
Easy Ayurveda and Sharada Ayurveda Hospital have come up with a program to teach Ayurveda – theory and hands-on practical.
Dr Janardhana V Hebbar
Email me for any queries: [email protected]
The Sharada Ayurveda Hospital, Mangalore is a 100 bedded hospital.
The hospital has more than 7 specialty doctors, who are all post graduate degree holders in Ayurveda BAMS, MD (Ayu) and MS (Ayu).
Testimonial by Sreelatha, Orlando, Florida, USA
The Hospital is located 8 miles from Mangalore, Karnataka, India.
The hospital conducts full range of Ayurvedic treatments including
Agni Karma, Raktamokshana,
Panchakarma, Keralian Ayurvedic Therapies,
Marma Therapies etc.
The hospital also has Yoga and Naturopathy wing with full range of treatments.
Classes and courses
- The course can be tailor-made based on your needs.
- Ayurveda Basics Classes
- Ayurvedic Cooking Classes
- Panchakarma – Ayurvedic Detoxification Procedures – Theory, practicals and hands-on training.
- Upakarma – Sub-set of detox procedures that includes Ayurvedic massage, sweating treatment etc. – Theory, practical, hands-on training.
- Keralian Ayurvedic Therapies – theory, practical, hands-on training
- Patient case taking
- Patient examination methods
- Marma therapy training
- Live case taking along with the consulting doctor and case discussions
- Internship – wherein the student will sit by the side of the Ayurveda doctor and learns from the doctor directly while consulting the patient
- Ayurvedic cosmetic therapy
- Ksharasutra – for hemorrhoids, fistula etc
- Music therapy
- Ante-natal care – Pregnancy care
- Post-partum care – after delivery care of the mother and baby as per Ayurveda
- Samskara therapy to the babies
- Yoga – Shat Kriya, Yogasanas, Pranayama, Meditation
- Full range of all Yoga therapies
- Ayurvedic Counselling
- Herbology – Ayurvedic herbs
- Ayurvedic Pharmaceutics – Theory and practicals related to Ayurvedic medicine and remedies preparations.
- Other art forms like Bharata Natyam, Koochipudi, Karnatic Classical Music, etc.
Testimonial by Ivo, California
How the training program works?
We can customize based on your expectations. If you are just a beginner, then a beginner program of Ayurveda introduction will be arranged, based on number of days you stay with us.
If you are an Ayurveda practitioner outside India and wanting to fine tune your skiils,
Below is the default schedule.
Morning starts with going with the doctor for rounds, to see 20+ in patients, checking their progress.
Then attending a few Panchakarma therapies. You can do it hands on or just watch the therapies, ask questions to the therapists, how and why it is done etc. Then sit with the consulting doctor for 2- 3 hours and see the patients (~30 patients per day), study how the examination for various diseases is done,
what medicines are given, why they are planned in that combination etc You can ask any questions to the doctors.
Evening rounds and some therapies. And sign off.
If you want some teaching on certain topics of your interest, they will be arranged.
If you want to spend some time in the Ayurveda library (4,500+ Ayurveda books), you can do that. Sharada Hospital has Sharada Ayurveda college, side by side. )
If you want to experience some therapies, you can do that.
If you want to see some special therapies such as cupping therapy, Agnikarma etc, it will be arranged.
If you want to see some herbal oil, ghee, herbal tea medicine preparations etc, consider it is done.
The beach is just 5 km. if you wish to go there or roam around the city etc, taxi will be arranged by the hospital.
Mangalore Airport is 27 KM away. Pick and drop facility will be arranged.
Question: I want to get Ayurvedic treatment, simultaneously while learning Ayurveda. Is it possible?
Answer: Yes, you can undergo treatment along with Ayurveda learning.
Food and accommodation
- Food will be strictly vegetarian.
- Accommodation will be provided very near to the hospital or within the hospital, as per your convenience.
- Accommodations are available with free wifi, air conditioner (a/c) etc. You can decide the rooms as per your choice.
Testimonial By Pradeepa, Detroit, USA
Can we come in a group?
Yes. If you come in a group, the educational expenses will be lesser.
How long can we stay for Ayurveda learning?
Depends on your needs and budget. You can stay from 10 days to six months.
List of doctors
Dr. Raviganesha Mogra, BAMS, MD(Ayu) – Dept. of General medicine – Kayachikitsa
Dr. Amritha T T, BAMS, MD(Ayu) – Dept. of General medicine – Kayachikitsa
Dr. Nikhil Chandran, BAMS, MD(Ayu) – Dept. of Panchakarma
Dr. Abhinethri Hegde, BAMS, MD(Ayu) – Dept. of Surgery – Shalya Tantra
Dr. Asha Parvathi, BAMS, MD(Ayu) – Dept. of obstetrics, Gynecology – Prasooti Tantra and Stree Roga
Dr. Soumya Priyadarshini, BAMS, MD(Ayu) – Dept. of Pediatrics – Kaumarabhritya
Dr. Vidyalakshmi T, BAMS, MD(Ayu) – Dept. of Earn, Nose, Throat, Shalakhya Tantra
Dr. Soumya Kotiyan, BAMS, PG Dip. Yogic Science – Dept. of Yoga & Swasthavrutta
Counseling and Psychotherapy
Counseling and Psychotherapy
For further inquiries, please write to
Dr Janardhana V Hebbar