Licorice is one of the most versatile Ayurvedic herbs. Its use is seen in gastritis, aphrodisiac therapy, fever and bleeding disorders. Let us learn an effective home remedy for bleeding disorders, fever and atherosclerosis.
Home remedy video
What you need?
1. Licorice powder (Yashtimadhu – Glycyrrhiza glabra) – 10 grams
2. Katuki powder (Picrorrhiza kurroa) – 10 grams
3. Luke warm water.
Method of preparation
How to make?
Mix equal quantities of Licorice powder and Katuki powder into a homogeneous powder.
This powder mix in a dose of 500 mg to 1 grams two times a day, after food is administered along with a cup of luke warm water.
1. It is useful in fever. Both Kutki and Licorice stimulate liver, calm Pitta and have anti inflammatory and antibacterial effect.
2. It is useful in bleeding disorders of Pitta origin, like nasal bleeding, heavy periods, etc.
3. Both Katuki and Licorice are known for anti-atherosclerotic activity. That means, they help to reduce the collection of cholesterol and clots in the inner side of blood pipes of heart. Hence it is a good home remedy for atherosclerosis.
How long to take?
It can be taken for 2 – 3 months time, based on doctor’s advice.
People who are sensitive to the said ingredients should avoid it.
It is best to avoid this home remedy in children, pregnant and lactating mothers.
It is best to take this home remedy under strict medical supervision.