This is a guest post by Mr. Mike Brown.
Ayurvedic lifestyle tips
According to the ancient medical science of Ayurveda you can refine your body and mind by following several lifestyle and eating habits. Here are a few of them.
Be good to others. It is recommended to respect other people and try to be an enjoyable person. You shouldn’t lie, cheat or envy and avoid being angry or greedy. Ayurvedic specialists suggest to avoid these harmful behaviours and always be kind and generous to other people.
Eat the right way. Proper diet is a very important part of the whole Ayurvedic treatment. You must know what kind of foods you can eat and what kind of foods you are not allowed to eat according to your dominant dosha type. You must always have your meals in a peaceful environment, chew your food gently and remember not to overeat.
Don’t suppress your urges. Suppressing your natural urges such as sneezing, hunger, urination, yawning, crying, etc. can cause various health disorders so try not to suppress them if you want to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Have regular habits. Ayurvedic practitioners recommend to do some exercise every day in order to keep your body in shape and your mind in peace. Daily yoga exercises and meditation are very good for your health. You should also have regular sleep and eating patterns.
Live according to the season. As the seasons change you should make changes in your diet and regimen as well. It is suggested to stay in cool places and eat cool foods when the weather is hot but switch to warmer places and warmer food as it becomes colder.
In Ayurvedic science a lot depends on your dominant Dosha. There are three different types (vata, pitta and kapha) and if you want to follow Ayurvedic lifestyle then you must first find out what is your dosha type.
Here are a few more tips after you have done it.
Lifestyle for Vata Dosha
For vata types:
- Exercise gently and don’t over strain yourself.
- Slow down and remember that regular routines are very important.
- Don’t eat too much of cold, dry and bitter foods.
- Slightly oily food is good for you.
Lifestyle for Pitta Dosha
For pitta types:
- Do a reasonable amount of exercise
- Always try to keep yourself calm.
- Don’t eat spicy, fried and salty foods.
- Wear clothes made out of natural fibre and clothes which help to cool the body down.
Lifestyle for Kapha Dosha
For kapha types:
- Don’t be afraid to do intense and hard exercise.
- Add something new to your life and change things up a bit from time to time.
- Avoid eating sour, sweet and salty foods.
- Keep portions small but eat several times a day.